Sunday, March 23, 2008

Busy, busy, busy

Once again have succeeded in a lack of updates but it has been so flat out around here.

After my last entry and catching up with all your blogs I was fired up and ready to get back to normal life. Monday was fantastic, tracked my points, drank a litre of water, went for a walk. Then everything went south. My mum got sick, so I had to take a day off work(not that that was a bad thing), getting the house ready for the onslaught of visitors this weekend (had one lot yesterday and one lot due tomorrow) and just everyday life. Was starting to feel real rundown and emotional by Thursday. And then the realisation of Easter hit me and chocolate and weight and I sat myself down and straightened things out. I had already ensured that I wasn't getting too much chocolate (girls got me a tiny bunny, Pete got me 6 Lindt balls and an egg and mum got me a bunny), not really into the hot cross buns this year and for the 2 BBQs got myself marinated chicken kebabs to have instead of sausages and steak. Then I planned to get back on track as of tomorrow, not weighin until Friday and start fresh from Friday.

Then I started to worry about the visitors that were coming yesterday. Pete's Family. Am always worried about what they think and what they say because compared to other members of their family, I am not good enough in their eyes. So yesterday morning before they were due to come, went running around the shop to find a nice top to look "presentable" in but all the ones I liked were too small (did not help the mental negativity I had been feeling for the last couple of days) so just decided to save the money and wear one I bought at the beginning of the year. Got home, got myself ready, made sure the house was cleaner than it had been in months and they arrived. This was Pete's mum and dad (his mum is the one I mentioned that started WW and didn't want me to know but now goes on about all the weight she is losing). Thought I would be supportive and instead of puting out the usual biscuits and cake that I usually do when they come, made a fresh fruit platter with grapes, nectarines, plums, pears & apples. They gave the girls their easter eggs and they started to eat them so I put out the platter and told everyone to dig in. Pete's dad did but no, his mum decided to eat part of Caitlyn's egg instead (if I sound a little negative and vindictive, this will be explained in a moment)

Day continues, Pete starts the BBQ and I take care of my kebabs. Pete's dad comes up to me (been here about an hour now) and says "so hows the walking going" (asks me EVERY time I see him" I say "not too good, I just don't have time at the moment" to which he responds "yeah, I can tell". I was guttered. I came into the house and started crying. Bethany saw me and wanted to know what was wrong. I told her I had hurt myself. I composed myself and went back out but I bearly said a word for the rest of the day.

Food was served. I had my 2 kebabs and salad (hey big news, I am eating cucumber now, never eaten it before, still don't like it by making myself eat at leasst 3 pieces a day" His mum on WW ate a sausage, a kebab, a piece of steak, a hash brown and salad. To me that was almost a whole days worth of points on that one plate!!

After they left I went to pick my mum up to go to the shop and I cried all the way there. Mum was fuming. But I am sticking to my plan. Have eaten my little bunny from the girls already. 2 to go and then back to normal life.

Sorry if this post has been all "Woe is me" but I just could not believe what happened and my state of mind has not been the best as it is for the last couple of days.

But on to better things (I know this is a monster post but almost finished). We had a new scrapbook shop open in our suburb last month (just when I got the scrapping bug back) and when I went up there I bought their monthly competition pack (you get a piece of cardboard, some paper and other little things) and have to make a layout. The winner gets a $15 dollar voucher to spend. Well I did my layout and put it in. I told them that I wasn't too sure about it because it was the first bit of scrapping I had done in over 6 months. Well last Saturday I got a phone call and I had won.

This is it:


so now I have a bit of confidence in myself, I am currently finishing a submission to them to join the design team. If I get accepted I have to make something for them every 2 months, so that not overdoing it too much, considering everthing I am showing here I have made in the last 4 weeks. I have to show them 2 single page layouts like this one above, 1 double page layout, 2 cards (I have never made cards before) and an off the page item. An off the page item is something like a frame, calendar, clock, box, anything that is not a scrapbook page. I made this



and this is my first ever attempt at making a card


So I am slowly starting to get some ME time again. If I can just get the walking in as well, I willl be happy.
Hope everyone has a great easter. Will be back in the next couple of days with (hopefully) a happier, brighter update.
Bye

3 comments:

Chris H said...

I totally could not do the scrapbook/card thingees... they are really lovely ! Well done.

PAULENE@www.slimming4health.com said...

In-laws huh!!!
Don't let them bring you down.
Show em just what you can do girl -I know you can do it!!
*hugs*

Cheers P

PAULENE@www.slimming4health.com said...

You still around??
Everyone I visit tonight seems to have gone AWOL from blog world :(
Hope all is well??

Cheers P