Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Bump in the road

Hi-de-ho everyone. I'm back again. All my plans for getting back on track hit a big bump in the road last Sunday, (not the one just gone) when I woke up with a massive pain in my chest, difficulty breathing and feeling totally crap. Went to the docs on Monday and was diagnosed with Bronchial Asthma. Put on anitbiotics and my asthma inhaler (haven't had to use that since April last year!). It hit me real bad too. Even today, I am still rather breathless and just getting the girls up in the morning, fed and dressed leaves me exhausted.

Then Monday afternoon, Caitlyn's eye that I am always having problems with started getting all mucky again. Tuesday she had full blown conjunctivitis (again!?!) but couldn't get back to the docs til Wednesday where she was given the usual drops and thankfully now the course of antibiotics is finished and she is back to normal.

THEN, Tuesday afternoon, Bethany started getting a bad fever. 39 degrees. Gave her panadol and after an hour seemed to ease. 6 hours later it was back again. This pattern continued. Mentioned it to my crappy doctor who practically ignored it as she was more interested in Caitlyn. By Wednesday afternoon, I was in full panick mode as we had recently had three children die in Western Australia from a combination of the flu and a bactirial virus, one of which was from our suburb. Rang our Healthdirect line who advised me to keep going until Thursday and if she was no better to take her to the doctor. Thursday morning came and she was fine. It was gone, over, done.

So not a lot of rest for me, which may be why I am still hacking like a steam train. So weightloss has taken a back seat for these last couple of weeks but as soon as I can breathe properly will be back to it.

And just before I go, a new pic of Caitlyn, taken in her walker on the weekend. We are having our updated family portraits taken on Saturday and I have been trying to work out what to do with her hair.


3 comments:

Chris H said...

OH that's no good, all that sickness in the family. We have had our fair share too unfortunately. As for Caitlyn's hair, hmmm , dunno about that 'do' mate, she looks like mickey mouse! But very cute anyway! Good luck finding the right 'do' for her and if you love this one, go for it.

Lyn said...

There's so many yucky bugs going round at the moment!! You did the right thing by being persistant. A mother's instinct is usually right!!

Karen said...

Sorry to hear that the family have been sick.
Can't get over Caitlyns hair though - she has so much of it!!! She looks so grown up!