Monday, August 13, 2007

Another week begins

Well weighin Friday gave me a pleasant 1kg loss, down to 94.9kg. Not bad for only 4 days of tracking and 6 days of daily walks.

But I think I have managed to undo all my good work in just 3 days. Sometimes I think about that Pink song, "Don't let me get me"

Everyday I fight a war against the mirror
I can't take the person starin' back at me
I'm a hazard to myself
Don't let me get me
I'm my own worst enemy
Its bad when you annoy yourself
So irritating
Don't wanna be my friend no more
I wanna be somebody else

It describes me perfectly. No matter how much I try, I always ending up doing something to ruin all my good work. I have no-one else to blame but myself, nobody else crams the stuff into my mouth and then I come down on myself for stupid little things. Like this weekend. I didn't go all out but it was just silly things. Like Friday I still did my aerobic exercises but didn't go for a walk, was pretty good all day but blew it that night by having some drinky drinks (haven't had any since before I got pregnant with Caitlyn so thought I could treat myself). Saturday didn't do any exercise at all, was pretty good again but once again had on small discrepancy which would have been enough to blow my points for the day and then yesterday again was pretty good for most of the day but splurged and had takeaway for lunch (haven't had it in over a week which is pretty good for us) and didn't do any exercise again.

As bad as that was I was pretty happy with myself when it came to the takeaway. Yes I did have a naughty burger but when it came to the fries, I had maybe 3 or 4 and then got up and walked away leaving the box on the table. I just didn't feel like eating them.

So today I steered away from the scales, not wanting to see how bad it could have been and was back to tracking and walking. I actually finished the day on 17 points, so have a few up my sleeve to try and help with my over indulgence. Not that I tried to save any, it's just today I didn't really feel like eating, had no snacks, just breakfast, lunch and tea. It's quite funny but over the last week I haven't felt like snacking really.

I need to try and make a battle plan to deal with weekends though. If I really want this to succeed I can't blow it every weekend. I also need to get serious with my water intake too. It is non-existant at the moment so I have a 1.25 litre bottle sitting on my kitchen bench tonight and it needs to be drunk from the time I wake up tomorrow.

I am also thinking about trying caffeine free diet coke. I read this on the Tony Ferguson Weightloss Program Website "While caffeine may at times slightly raise the metabolic rate, in the liver it inhibits or slows the conversion of stored fat back into glucose." And I am willing to try anything to help shift this weight. I was thinking about doing the program but don't have the $45 a week and really would prefer to lose weight using real food instead of meal replacements, even if it takes longer to do it.

So, pretty indepth update but if feels good to be blogging about all this stuff again. It's giving me direction and accountability.

1 comment:

Chris H said...

Sounds to me like you were lucky to have a loss! Keep it up, stop the little indulgences and you will be amazed at how well you do...now all I have to do is take my own advice!