Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Don't count ya chickens....

You know the saying, don't count your chickens until they've hatched.

Well that applies to my last entry. I proudly sprouted how I was feeling better and ready to go but the next morning I woke up with a sore throat and got sick again real fast. Luckily it didn't get anywhere near as bad as last time but I still felt rough. And then typically, my 2 girls got it again too. I tell ya, I can't wait until winter is over.

Anyhoo, I weighed myself Friday and weighed in at 95.9kg, so still a kilo down from last month but 400g up from that last weigh in. So I am going to count this as my new starting weight because the last month has been a real waste.

Fast forward to today and I am proud to say I have been for a 30min walk everyday since and including Saturday. I have tracked everyday since Monday and am feeling really good. For Monday and Tuesday so far I have had 37.5/44 points. I haven't felt this good about myself in a long time actually. I know I still have a long way to go but I just feel good that I am sticking to it properly this time and not letting myself down. Now I just have to improve my water drinking and sticking to regular blog updates.

Bethany had hosted her first ever school assembly this morning. I was so cute watching her sing the National anthem, singing songs and even going up to the mic and calling the deputy principal to present awards. She is growing up so fast. Here is her offical school photo for this year.

And Caitlyn is growing in leaps and bounds. She got her first tooth 2 weeks ago and now you can see it quite clearly whenever she opens her mouth. She says "bubba", "mum", "dad", and "OK" although not at the right people or things just babbling really but it sounds so cute. And last week she finally taught herself to go from sitting down onto her stomach so she crawl away so now I can no longer sit her down on the floor and try and clean as she just leans over and is off again in a matter of seconds. It's now chase the baby time! It is scarey to think that in just 3 month and a bit months she will be a year old. Time is just passing too quickly when it comes to my girls.

Well must log off now, need to do some cleaning while Caitlyn is having her last nap. Last chance I will get for the day so better make the most of it.

Catch you all again soon (promise!)

2 comments:

Chris H said...

I know people say babies get more interesting as they grow, talking etc... but I love them the most when you can put them down on the floor ... go away... and come back later and they are just where you left them! It is good exercise I suppose, chasing around trying to find them again I suppose! I don't miss that .... having had 8 does that to ya I reckon! Have a neat day chick.

Lyn said...

There's nothing like the feeling of being back in control!! I love that feeling!! Good on you for the hard work and keep it going chick!!