Friday, August 24, 2007

Not too bad

Have been noticeably absent due to some significant family stresses and issues over the last couple of weeks. I can't go into it too much here but I can say that it is not within my immediate family (ie: hubby and kids) but with my next level of family. It has left me very tired with numerous migraines and worries.

Also Bethany's flu that has persisted on and off for the last 2 months has reared its ugly head yet again and from last Thursday until Wednesday night she (and we) did not have 1 full nights sleep. The worst was Tuesday night with about 5 hours sleep being had by her and myself (moved hubby into her room so he could sleep for work the next day). I marched her off to the doctor again on Wednesday and finally got some antibiotics and some chest cough suppressant and finally Wednesday night she slept through. Caitlyn, however, had other ideas and woke up at 3.30am (quite unlike her!) and stayed awake until 5.30am. Another 5 hours sleep had by me did not make for a very happy person yesterday. Was in bed at 9.30pm last night and she woke at 10pm. Pete was still up but I sat up ready to deal with her and started crying but before I could get out of bed, she stopped crying and was silent. So back to bed and thankfully I slept until 6.30am this morning. So it took 8 days but finally I had a full nights sleep.

I think Caitlyn's problem is the teeth that she is currently getting. About a week before she got her first one she woke up in the middle of the night. She is also getting Bethany's flu. The first night she woke up she was very snuffly and today has had a constantly running nose.

BUT... on top of all this I have still managed 2 successful losses. They have only been small but at least they are losses and I am further away from 96kg and I never want to go back there again!

I spent today catching up on everyone's blogs and after reading Lyn's I thought that I would revise my goals with smaller ones. I only had four goals and they were all biggies, get to 80kg, get to 74.9kg, get to 69.6kg and get to 65kg. So I have reassessed and given myself more realistic, smaller goals, some of which are quite close together. That way if I only lose a few 100 grams, like the last couple of weeks, it still brings me closer to a goal and something to feel good about.

I have also signed up for Paulene's new Springtime challenge and am determined to make the most of it. This one only goes for 6 weeks so am positively sure that only good things can come from it.

Well it is getting late and I still have dishes to do. I am dying to get in and spring clean the house but Caitlyn is at the stage where she wants someone to play with her all the time or if you take your eyes off her for a second she is randsacking her sister's playroom (well it will be they're playroom but at the moment it only has Bethany's toys in there - too many small bits). Might get mum to come around to pay her some attention while I clean.

Catch you all soon.
Bye

1 comment:

Chris H said...

I think setting smaller goals is a fantastic idea mate. Hope you get to do the spring clean too...