Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Long time, no post

Have been missing in action yet again but have been totally flat out what with easter and school holidays and such.

I didn't weigh in last Friday as I woke up in the early hours of Friday morning with TOM and it was all I could do to get out of bed and look after the girls, let alone worry about my weight.
Am definately expecting it to be up this week though as I did indulge over easter. Although I only had my first hot cross bun this morning (the last one in the pack) and I did get rid of a whole box of chocolates, a big easter egg and four mini packs of Tim Tams that were given to me (off loaded them to other people) to try to help me cut down.
So tomorrow it is back to basics. We are off on our weekly foreshore walk, although we won't be able to walk as far as we have Bethany with us, but like I said to mum, as long as we walk 15 minutes up and 15 minutes back we will get a good lot of exercise.

I had lots of photos taken on the weekend as mum had a mini reunion with her uncle, who is in his 70's (my great uncle) that she hasn't seen in 15 years and I have never met at all. He flew over from the eastern states with his wife, his daughter, her husband and her son and a bit more family. There was a big reunion last October but my mum couldn't afford to go over so they came to her. It was lovely but looking at myself in these photos as given me a good jolt. I look just like I used to back in 2004 when I first started trying to lose weight and I don't like it.

So (I know I have said this before) but I am back to the way I started. Track everything I eat and exercise. Even if I can't get to the gym, a half hour walk around the block. That way I am not too far from home if I need to get back to Caitlyn and the way I lost all my weight before was by walking only. I just need to keep things simple because I can't carry on this way anymore. I am even having trouble just getting up and down off the floor with Caitlyn.

My girls are just blooming.

Bethany got an honour certificate at school about four weeks ago (how slack am I for not telling you all earlier) and is doing advanced reading as she is already reading at year one level and they don't want to keep her stagnant for the year so she gets her own books that she has to read to us, instead of the books that the other kids get for the parents to read to them. I'm so proud. She can also now count from 1 to 100 by herself and also by tens(mum taught her that 3 weeks ago and now she won't stop).

Caitlyn is growing up so fast. We can't stop her rolling now and when she has her naps during the day we often find her on her stomach (SCAREY!) Thankfully she isn't doing that at night yet. She has also started on solids and her new favourite thing is blowing raspberries (much to Bethany's delight). I also changed her bedtime routine a week and a half ago and since last Wednesday she has been sleeping through, although on the weekend she did wake up at 4.40am and 5am as she had been all out of whack.

I will close tonight with just a few pictures for you.

Bethany on Easter morning (she wanted me to do her hair like she saw Kelly on Hi-5 the day before)

Caitlyn on her very first Easter morning.

Our little Easter Bunnies

Me & my girls (see how I hide behind them)

Catch you all tomorrow. Will be bright and energenic and raring to go (hopefully).


4 comments:

Kate said...

Your girls are truly beautiful! The top Caitlyn is wearing is just like one I got Amelia from cotton on kids.. love the pink. And wow, isn't Bethany so clever?!!

Jules said...

Look at your wee teletubby baby!! Cute as a button, both your girls.

Karen said...

Love the photos hun! And yes Bethany certainly is very clever! And wow I can't get over Caitlyn's hair! LOL She has heaps of it compared to Rachel! LOL And yay for rolling... Rachel is almost there.

Chris H said...

You are in NO WAY - SHAPE OR FORM - so big that you need to hide behind your girls! You look lovley and so do the girls!