Monday, April 30, 2007

Organising

Have been totally absent yet again but I am trying to get things organised so I can have a decent go of Paulene's next 12 week challenge. Well to be more accurate, I am trying to get a handle on this dizziness that I am still getting.

I have been trying to take things easy, thinking I might just be short on energy but now I get dizzy doing small things as well. Pete really wants me to go to the doctor about it but I don't really like my doctor anymore as she doesn't really listen, she just talks at you, if you know what I mean and I don't really want to payout any more money to her than I have to.

I think some of it could also be that I am not really eating properly anymore. I am back to just grabbing a bit when I have time, not planned breakfast and lunch, which wouldn't be helping my head or my energy levels either.

So, as I was saying, I did as little as possible last week but didn't really keep a watch on my eating which resulted in a 200g loss on Friday. What the? When I try to lose weight it doesn't work but when I don't try, I lose. No wonder people go insane trying to lose weight!!!!

So this week I am going to start with the basics, drinking water, eating properly and maybe just a gentle walk(weather permitting) to try and get a basic rhythm back in my body and hopefully everything will reset. If not I may be forced to go to the doctor.

I spent the whole of this morning catching up on everyones blogs although have failed to leave any comments on any(how antisocial of me). And most exciting of all, last week I found my inspiration again, literally. Way back in 2004, through the WW website, I stumbled on the blog of Lyn. She was an amazing lady who, just by reading her blog, inspired me to give it a try myself and hence my first blog was created. She lost heaps of weight and was almost to her goal when she had some personal problems and disappeared of the radar, totally understandable. Anyhoo, last week, through Karen's blog I have found her again. She has put some weight back on and is starting all over again to get back to goal. Since finding her blog, reading everything she has been through and how she has the strengh to try again has really given me a good boot up the butt and I am totally hanging out to start Paulene's challenge on Friday and give it a good shot. It is great to have Lyn back again, eventhough we have never met, it is like finding a long lost friend again and I am glad that we can try to get back to our goals again together.

Well must be off, Bethany finishes school in half an hour and I must (unfortunately) go and wake my sleeping Caitlyn so I can pick her up.

I vow to be back within the next couple of days to update. PROMISE.

4 comments:

Jules said...

Hey darling. I think starting with the basics is the best bet when you have a little bubba at home. Baby steps hun.

Chris H said...

Good luck with the "new Start", and yes, it is fantastic to see Lynn back. I met her when she was at goal a couple of years ago, what a stunner! She will do it again, as I am sure you will too. Isn't it a shame when you have to wake a sleeping baby to go pick up the bigger one? I used to put the baby to sleep in the pram after lunch so I didn't have to get baby up, just wheel him/her out the door. Worked for me!

Lyn said...

Awww thankyou chickey!! I feel very happy being back. I'm so glad I can help others along the way too. Makes it so worth it!!

Yep we can do this together ... with ya all the way!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey there, it's Nadia- I used to read a while back. I wanted to stop in again just to say hi :) I hope you are all doing well. The best of luck with your weight loss programme-- you can do it! :) And oh my, the pictures of the girls are absolutely beautiful! I can't believe how big that baby has gotten. Her curls are absolutely gorgeous!

Take care hun :)