Monday, May 14, 2007

What goes around, comes around

Well, as to be expected, I got Bethany's flu bug. And I got it bad.

By 1.30pm last Monday, after doing my last blog entry, I started getting a sore throat and by 4pm I had the fever and no voice. I was so bad that come midnight, I was still awake shivering. Pete ended up taking Tuesday off to care for the girls and I spent most of the day sleeping, of course, Bethany was totally over the flu by now. By Wednesday the fever had gone but my throat was still killing me but I had my voice back. Pete however got a bit of a cough and some aches and pains but that was it as he gets a flu shot from work so he only got it a little. Thursday I was feeling much better but Friday I woke up without a voice again and at this stage in time I still don't have it back properly. Friday afternoon Caitlyn started looking very pale and not so lively. Saturday she woke up with a really runny nose and fever. She fevered on and off all day and that night I rushed to the chemist to get her more Panadol and also discovered some infants cold and allergy drops to help with her nose. Yesterday she seemed more herself but still very congested in the nose. Last night she had some major issues, waking every 20 minutes from about 9.30pm. By 11.15pm I bit the bullet and nursed her in bed on her side while I sat up and dosed on a pillow. Once she had stayed asleep longer than 20 minutes I transferred her back to her cot, turned out the lamp and started to drift off. 15 minutes later, Bethany woke crying from a bad dream. So come midnight we finally settled down to sleep. Luckily Caitlyn stayed asleep however Pete had to get up for work at 5.30am and Caitlyn woke at 6am, so not a lot of sleep was had by us grown ups.

So the flu absolutely guttered this household and Caitlyn and I are still waiting to recover.

I did weighin on Friday for the first week of Paulene's challenge and had a 1kg loss but I think that was just due to not eating a lot while ill and now that I am back to eating, will have to do it properly, I just have to get over this bug.

Well just a quick update today to let you all know how things are going. I do so hope that I wake with a voice and some energy tomorrow.

1 comment:

Lyn said...

Crap!! Hope your feeling better, fevers are yucky. I nearly succuumed to the flu but managed to duck and miss it ... just.