Monday, May 7, 2007

That time of the year

Have been flat out looking after Bethany over the last few days. Poor thing isn't very well and on cruising the blogs this morning have found that Paulene and Karen's wee Rachel haven't been well either. It is definately that time of the year for the bugs to start hitting.

Weighed in on Friday, ready to start the new 12 week challenge, with my weight back to 95.8kg. Definately didn't help that I got TOM that morning either, but you can't help bad luck.

The in-laws popped up on Saturday and made me feel good though, eventhough my weight was up. They both asked me (seperate to each other) if I was back on track because I had definately lost weight. They both didn't believe me when I told them no, in fact I was at one of my highest weights since the start of the new year.

So, here I am today, raring to go for a walk or to the gym but can't as Bethany is home from school, lying on the lounge watching the Wiggles. Will have to wait for Pete to get home and go then.

There are little exercises I can do, like my situps, pushups, squats that I can do so will do a little of them. I have also gone out and bought myself, wait for it, a skipping rope. I am going to start off slowly, like doing 10 jumps a day, and then build up because its been ages since I have used a skipping rope.

I have also asked my mum and sister to buy me for my birthday (in 4 weeks!) the 20kg punching bag and gloves in this weeks Kmart catalogue for $49.99. That would be great. Whenever I feel moody I can just go out and beat that instead of eating a chocolate bar.

So that's it for today. Must go and tend to Bethany, she is sooooo bored and really wants to go to school but I have told her she can't cause she would make all her friends sick. Poor thing.

Catchya later

2 comments:

Jules said...

Sounds like a great idea, the boxing bag. I may need to get one too.

Lyn said...

Argghhh!! Jules you stole my comment! lol

Yeah I agree, boxing bag is a great idea, and I didn't realise they were that cheap!