Sunday, January 6, 2008

New Look

Well, here's a new look for me. Not quite what I was after but after spending ages creating my own banner for my own layout, Blogger just didn't want to upload it so, spitting the dummy, decided to search for one already made. At least it's bright and positive.

Weighin Friday saw a 500g gain which believe it or not I was happy with considering on Tuesday when I took a sneaky peak at the scales it was showing over 89kg and TOM was due on Friday too(arrived yesterday). So I'll gladly take just 500g.

Started to get things back on track last week. Wednesday I stayed on 16 points, drank 900ml of water, spent 10mins of my lunch break walking up and down the stairs at work and a 30min walk that evening. Thursday saw 1.2litres of water drunk, 10mins of stair climbing but no walking and I didn't track any points, well it was 8 points till I got home and then I was just so tired I couldn't be bothered (not good, I know). Then Thursday evening, about 11pm Caitlyn woke up (not like her at all) and didn't go back to sleep until 1.30am. Bethany was woken up (Caitlyn has been moved into the bedroom next to hers now) and was still awake at 12.30am. Getting up at 6.30am for work was not good. And Bethany just did not want to wake up at all so made a call to work and told them I wouldn't be in (is only temp job so wasn't too fazed but will miss the $150 for the day). Points and exercise Friday were just not on my mind. Still no exercise yesterday but only myself to blame for that.

Checked the damage today and it's not too bad at all. Have already organised things to go for a walk tonight so back on track today and am back to work tomorrow, so look out stairs, here I come. (Geez my calves burn after that though!)

Have spent the last few days catching up on each and every one of the blogs I read. It has been great catching up again, although I am not sure if there are many of you out there still reading mine but will be back regularly now and will try and earn you all back. If there are any lurkers out there that read but don't leave comments, please give me a hi, just so I know you are still there.

I am stealing the idea from Karen of posting the last 2 Santa photos the girls had taken, just to show the difference a year can make.

2007

2006


The difference is amazing. Not just with Caitlyn, but Bethany. She seems to have really grown up, changed from being a toddler to a real little girl. Her transformation amazes me more than Caitlyn's (although the change in her is amazing too, she is over half Bethany's height already.)

Well better go, must get things organised so I don't miss my walk. Hope you all had a great weekend.

3 comments:

Chris H said...

Awesome photos! Love the new bloggity blog! Very bright and colourful.

PAULENE@www.slimming4health.com said...

Hey Kim,

I certainly am still here and reading :)
Thanks for the email to let me know you were back.
Like you I've had a CRAZY couple of months and have fallen behind in so many things.
Lets both give it our best effort to get things moving again now as life returns to some form of normal at last :)
2008 can be our year!!!

Cheers P

Karen said...

I am definitely still reading - just a bit guilty of not commenting on blogs recently :(

Love the Santa comparison photo! :)