Thursday, January 10, 2008

So tired

I really don't know how you full time working mummies do it. I'm exhausted.

And just as I was saying to Bethany this morning that after today there would only be 6 more days of me working full time, I went to work and was told by my boss that they were so impressed with my work would I extend my time there another 4 - 6 weeks. I told him the first week wouldn't be a problem but after that I would have to go to part time as Bethany would be going back to school ( a week before she actually does but I want to spend some time with her before she goes back). He asked me what hours I could work when she went back to school and I told him 9.30am - 2pm (am currently working 8.30am - 4.30pm) and on Tuesdays 9.39am - 1.30pm as she finishes early. He said that wasn't and issue and would I stay, so I said yes.

So now I have another 11 days full time and then 15-25 days part time. It helps us out by between $2000-$3000 before tax(depending on how long I actually stay). But I feel so guilty about not being there for Bethany. We have taken her swimming, to the Aquarium and on a long train ride down south and back so far these holidays. I have already planned to take her to the zoo, Pete is taking her to the water slides and I am going to take her roller skating one afternoon after one of my part time days (she got skates for Christmas from her cousin).

And then there is the big surprise. She doesn't know that on the 28th we are going to see Hi-5 (remember back when I got the tickets, 4 rows back from the stage). We still haven't told her and don't intend to until we get there.

So it's not like she has sat home all holidays. I just miss her and Caitlyn heaps while I'm at work.

Well will sign off now. I just want to go to bed. Before I go, here are some pics from the Star Wars party the girls were invited to. I made Bethany's costume from looking at pics like the one below but cheated and bought Caitlyn's off Ebay (came with a headpiece but I couldn't fasten it on so had to improvise with her real hair)






I just love my galactic princesses.

2 comments:

Chris H said...

Don't feel guilty about working part time... sometimes it's a necessary evil. Bethany will be fine! Your girls are just gorgeous!

Karen said...

Just love the costumes hun - you are so clever and the girls look so gorgeous!
Ditto to what Janene and Chris have said about working... once you get in the routine and organised then it becomes natural. And I still miss Rachel heaps while I am at work (esp after having 2 weeks with her over Christmas).
Take careq