Sunday, September 9, 2007

Cruising along

Well here I am. Am on to day 3 of Paulene's new challenge and believe it or not, I'm surviving. I tried to help myself in the lead up by going for walks on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. They weren't continuous power walks or anything, just gentle walks over to the shops to pick up a loaf of bread or walking to school to pick Bethany up and then walking home. Friday dawned and I climbed those dread scales again. Weight: 93.9kg, so a 500g loss since last week and a good weight to start a 6 week challenge. I have set myself a goal of hitting 89.9kg by the end of the challenge and finally out of the 90's.

I also discovered yet another goal to add to my list on the side. My very first goal has changed to reaching 92.9kg. I have read every single entry I have done this year and that is the lowest weight I have been in 2007, way back in January. So once I get past that, I should be very happy with myself, and now I am not very far from reaching it at all.

On reading all those old entries, I noticed how many times I said I was "starting seriously" to try and lose weight and failed. But this time really does feel different. I don't know if because I have had several small losses in a row makes me feel more in control or because now I am lower than I have been since almost the beginning of the year I feel more confident in myself or what, I just feel like I can do it this time. Maybe I have just had enough and I know deep down that I have done it before and I can do it again.

Whatever the reason, I feel good. Good with myself and good with everything that is going on at the moment. Maybe that's another reason, I am not stressed about anything at the moment. This last week has actually been the lest stressful in a long, long time. I actually feel relaxed.

Anyhoo, onto some stats. Friday I had 16.5/22 points (including exercise points) and 750ml of water. Saturday I had 17/22 points (including exercise points) and 750ml of water. Today has been tough. Sundays Bethany does swimming lessons and we always have hot chips afterwards. Today I told mum we weren't getting any but she got a box anyhow. I allowed myself to indulge, and had a whole 8 chips. I don't know how many points that is but if I keep some spare by the end of today it should cover them. I was just so happy that I could actually restrain myself and stop myself from eating any more. I just didn't want to, I didn't want to ruin the good work I have done the last few days.

Well must sign off now, Caitlyn is due for her afternoon nap. The only thing I need to do now is improve my blog updating and things will be good. I have read everyone else's just slack with the whole commenting thing.

Catch up again soon.

1 comment: