Friday, September 14, 2007

Week 1 over and done

Well the first week of the challenge has come to an end. I finished the week on 123/154 points and a 1.5kg LOSS. Very happy with that. That is the biggest lost I have had in quite a while and it also bring me down to 92.4kg, so I have completed the first goal on my list to the left. I am now the lightest I have been this year. And going back through my old entries I have lost a total of 4.5kg since June 29. Geez it feels great.

I also had 2 non-scale victories this week. The first is on Tuesday I surrendered to temptation and bought a bag of licorice (one of my worst vices along with chocolate). I worked out the whole 400g bag was 20 points. Now in past months I have been able to eat a whole bag in 10 minutes but this time I sat down, counted out every piece (there were 60 pieces in the bag) and worked out I could have 15 bits for 5 points. So that was my treat for the day and I locked the rest of the bag in the car. Wednesday turned into a bit of a high pressure day for me and late in the afternoon I found myself driving along when I remembered the licorice. I told myself I would only have 5 points worth but this time couldn't stop myself and got up to 8 points. Very disappoined in myself I locked the bag back up. All night I kept beating myself up about it. There was still 7 points worth sitting in the car so the next morning when I picked mum up for shopping I gave the bag to her. All gone and very happy with myself.

My other victory was yesterday I wore one of my old size 16 tops. Woohoo. I came out of the bedroom in the morning and Bethany looked at me and said "Mum, you look nice". I felt great. Isn't it amazing that if your kids say something like that you feel great all day but if they say something negative (think back to the innocent baby in the tummy comment) it can bring you down so quickly.

So in summary, feeling very good and looking forward to the next 5 weeks of the challenge. I know I may not lose as much every week but I only aimed to lose just under half a kilo a week anyhow so todays weighin covers what I had planned to lose for the first 3 weeks.

Must shoot of now and do some cleaning while Caitlyn is still asleep.

Have a good weekend everyone.

1 comment:

Lyn said...

Just catching up on blogs again after being offline for a bit and I see you are going great guns. So great to see you motivated again ... it's catchy!!!

Wahoo great loss!!!!