Friday, October 12, 2007

Have you ever??????

Have you ever seen a grown woman skipping around her house with so much joy at 6.45am in the morning?

If you had been in my house 10 minutes ago you would have seen me doing just that. I jumped on the scales today after seriously working my butt off for the last week and had a 1.8kg loss, down to 89.8kg. YES, I AM AN 80's GIRL AGAIN.

I had to check it 3 times. It is about 3 and a half years since I hit 89kg for the first time and it feels just as good today as it did then. And the best thing about it is I did it a week early. I had 89.9kg as my end goal for the 6 week challenge I am doing with Paulene and there is still a week to go. Woohoo.

Other than that, things are good. Bethany is still bored eventhough in the last week she has been to the beach, been to the Royal show, done cutting and glueing, done cooking. Today we are painting, Sunday is swimming lessons and a drive to her Grandparents for a BBQ (must be good) and Monday to the zoo. Then Tuesday she is back to school and I won't know what to do with myself.

And also, thanks very much to Kate, I have finally learned to do digital scrapbooking. I have been a mad scrapper since the beginning of 2004, but digital scrapbooking was something I had never tried. Back in May, I made personal invitations for Bethany's birthday party using Powerpoint. They looked OK, I mean other mums wanted me to make theirs, but to me they still seemed a bit rough. After Kate launched her scrap page a couple of weeks ago, I was looking at it thinking, I could do that and I could make the invites for Caitlyn's first birthday. So after following the links Kate had for doing tutorials I made my first ever digital scrapbook layout.




and I also did the invite



the I put adhesive magnetic strips on the back so people could stick them to their fridges. Quite proud.

Well must shoot now, Bethany has just woken up and I need to get her some breakfast. Caitlyn has already had hers after waking up and 6.30am (typical one sleeps in, the other doesn't).

See you soon.

PS Oh, by the way, yesterday I jogged for a whole 2 mins non stop. Yet another woohoo.

3 comments:

Chris H said...

Congratulations on getting out of the 90's, you clever girl! Love the scrapbooking and invites, very pretty. Have a fantastic weekend! FABULOUS LOSS !!!!

Kate said...

Looks great!! Yay for digi scrapping... keep sharing.. I love getting ideas off people!

PAULENE@www.slimming4health.com said...

And now you are even further into the 80s!!!
Your hard work is really paying off and your challenge totals are AWESOME!
Good luck for the final week :)

Cheers P