Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Don't know how!

I don't know how but I managed a 1.4kg loss this week, taking me down to 92.9kg. I started the week off great but by about Thursday, naughty foods, bad snacks and too much eating returned. I also did not get out to do any exercise at all, although we did take the girls to the zoo on Saturday so maybe all that walking helped.

I am trying to get a lot of organising done so things can get back to normal. Bethany starts full time school in 3 weeks (my little baby) and things should ease up a bit as I will be able to spend time one on one with Caitlyn without feeling guilty and mum has offered to come and look after her so I can get to the gym for an hour or so. I am also dying to get back into my scrapbooking which I can do while she is napping and Bethany is at school. Just doing these things should start to return some normality to the house.

Have been reading this great book called "Teach your child to sleep" as Caitlyn does not want to nap in her cot at all during the day. I started following the tips and in just 3 days I could put her down for a nap without a dummy and she would sleep for an hour at least. In fact the other night I put her down to sleep at 9pm without her dummy. She woke twice during the night for a feed but returned to sleep without her dummy. Woke in the morning, had her morning feed, went back down for a nap and woke again around lunchtime. In total I went 16 hours without the dummy. Unfortunately we had a big family outing yesterday and was rocked or held to sleep 3 times so today she is back to square one so it looks like I will have to start all over again.

Speaking of which she had just woken again after sleeping just 15 minutes so better go.

Will make an effort to update more than I did last week. Sorry for those of you who have been checking in and nothing new but I just have to find time for everything.

Oh and good luck and best wishes to Paulene who looks like she may be having her bub in the next few days. You go girl.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Woohoo! Great loss hun! Well done! My scales are slowly going up rather than down so need to get my butt into gear and get cracking!
That book sounds interesting - will try to drop you an email to get more details about it.

Kate said...

Well done on your loss so far!
I didn't realise you had changed blogs.. only found your blog because I was looking at my visitor stats, and I can see who is reading my blog, and I found this link.
Glad I found you!