Monday, January 1, 2007

Here I am

Well I hope you all found me OK. I wanted a fresh, new look for my blog but I didn't want to lose all the stats from my pregnancy and such so I thought it would be easier just to set up a whole new blog.

I woke up this morning, weighed myself(almost died, put on another kilo in 3 days), did my measurements and was raring to go. I had 3pts for breakfast but had forgotten that it was arranged for me to take Bethany to the movies to see Happy Feet. But I was a good girl and had just a diet coke and 5 twisties. Due to this lunch was all messed up and have only had a low fat choc chip muffin (we made them yesterday and there were 2 left so we had one each). Now we had planned to have Subway for tea but Pete has just called and they are closed so dinner is up in the air at the moment. Typical, plan to start off on a good note and everything goes to poop. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

Oh, during my Christmas whinge about everything going wrong, I forgot to tell you what I got for Christmas. The girls(Pete) gave me a pair of ruby stud earrings, a new locket with "Special Mum" engraved on the front and "Love you Always" on the back and Pete gave me a voucher for a 2 hour treatment at a day spa including salt scrub, mud wrap, milk bath and a 30min massage. I can't wait to use it!

On the home front, Caitlyn gave us a nice New Years present last night. She went to bed at 8.30pm, stirred around 9ish but got her back to sleep quickly and then she woke at 2.05am. She had her feed and settled within half an hour and then woke at 5.40am, back to sleep by 6am and woke at 8am. If only mummy and daddy hadn't been silly and gone to bed at 11.15pm(she she was due for her next feed).

Unfortunately, she has decided that she no longer wants to nap more that 20min lately. Yesterday she had a 20min nap in the morning, but I did manage to get her to sleep 2 hours at 2pm. Today she slept only 10mins for her daddy while I was at the movies, then when I came home she went down for only another 20mins and a quick 15mins late this afternoon. It is making the days very long and tiring so I need to find a way to make her nap properly.

Bethany is really being very good. I know at times when she is trying to get our attention away from Caitlyn that it makes things strained but most of the time she is excellent. Like tonight she found out her grandad is coming tomorrow so she went and picked up every toy she had out in the lounge room. I really am very proud of her, I just wish I wasn't so tired and so busy with Caitlyn that I could spend more time with her. Even Pete said tonight how much easier it was when she was born because it was just her we had to worry about. I hope she is really dealing with all the changes OK.

Well it is now 9.15pm and I'm really exhausted. I think Caitlyn may have finally settled for the night so will go have a shower and get to bed a lot earlier than last night.

Catch everyone later.

3 comments:

PAULENE@www.slimming4health.com said...

Just letting your know I've found my way to your new page and will be back to read more as soon as I can.
New page looks great btw :)

Cheers P
www.slimming4health.com

Karen said...

I have found you too... love the new look hun!
Will change my link in the next day or so :) Am thinking of doing a new look for my blog sometime but just trying to find the time to do it! LOL
Take care xx

PAULENE@www.slimming4health.com said...

Made it back to finish reading this post.
I'm sure it must be hard for Bethany to share you all now but I'm sure you are doing the best you can on this front.
All we can do is give them some special one on one time when we can...sometimes let her see that bub can wait a minute or two so you can finish whatever you are doing with Bethany before seeing to bubs cry/whinge etc...and when you must see to bub letting Bethany be your big helper will make her feel special.
At least that all sounds good in theory *wink* ...we'll see how I go with it myself in 2-3wks time!!
:)

Cheers P
www.slimming4health.com