Thursday, January 25, 2007

Growing up

Yep, Bethany sure is growing up. I always wanted to get her ears pierced but Peter wanted me to wait for her to make the choice. Anyway on Christmas Eve she saw her 7 month old cousin with her ears pierced and said she wanted hers done. Pete still wasn't overly keen so I told her she had to wait until she was 5. She ran into one of her school friends 3 weeks ago who was on her way to get hers done. I told her mum that Bethany was waiting until she was 5 but to let me know where she was getting them done (she wanted to find a place that did both ears at the same time.) She sent me an SMS telling me where she got them done and that her daughter only cried a bit. Well Tuesday we were walking past the place and there was a little girl in there getting hers done. Bethany asked me when she was getting hers done so I decided there and then she could get them done. Well her face went pale and she said, "not today I'm not 5 yet." I told her it was OK and she got upset and after about 15mins she told me she was scared. So my mum went and got hers done to show her how it was done. She still wasn't sure so I told her if she got them done she could have a donut afterwards. Well she ran into the shop and went through all the earrings to choose the ones she wanted. We had to wait another half hour for the second ear piercer to come back from lunch so they could do both at once. Then she scrambled for the chair and sat there with this massive smile on her face. They marked her ears and as they put the guns to her ears we stuck a lolly snake in her mouth. As they counted to 3 I told her to close her eyes and bite the snack and BANG! it was done. She tilted her head to the left, tears sprung to her eyes and she went "OOWW" and then she shoved the rest of the snake in her mouth. Before she could do anything else all the ladies getting their hair cut told her what a brave girl she was and how good she was that she didn't even cry and they got a mirror for her to look. The tears went away and the massive smile come back. My big brave girl was extatic. All she wanted to do was tell everyone that she had got her ears pierced. All the way home she kept saying "I love my new earrings" and "I'm a big girl now".(Daddy however was not as happy when I rang and told him and very unhappy with Mummy but by the time he go home and saw how happy she was, he was over it)






She chose a really pretty colour too.


Well onto other things. Still finding it hard to get motivated about my weight (which is still creeping up) although come Monday I'll have to thanks to Paulene setting a start date for the first 12 week challenge this year. Am trying to get the food aspect organised but it's the exercise part I will have trouble with until Bethany starts school full time in 4 weeks (they stagger with half and full days over the first 4 weeks to help them settle in). Like tonight there was about half an hour worth of sunlight left, both girls were asleep and I told Pete I was actually going to go for a walk. Changed my clothes, put my sneakers on and as I stood up, Caitlyn woke up. 20mins later she was asleep and I was sitting on the lounge taking my shoes off. Will get there in the end though.


Speaking of Caitlyn and sleep, last night was her best night yet. She had a feed at 7.45pm but took a while to settle to sleep and was finally down by 9pm. She woke at 4.10am this morning had a feed and slept until I woke her at 8am. I couldn't believe it. Now I am not quite sure what helped her with this. Yesterday I tried putting her little cot doona that she sleeps on without a problem on the lounge (see pic below) into her cot like a base sheet (mum thought maybe she was getting cold or that her mattress was to hard). Anyhow she actually had all of her naps in her cot for the first time ever. I also dressed her in a bond all in one stretch suit instead of her summer sleeping bag, just incase mum was right about getting cold. Whatever the reason, I'm not arguing.



Well I think I have dribbled on enough tonight. It is nearly 10pm so might head off to bed, just incase I am not as lucky as last night. Hope you all have a great weekend and I'll sign in on Monday with my starting weight for the challenge and the goal I hope to achieve in the 12 weeks I am on it. Thanks Paulene for giving me the push I needed.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Love the photos - the girls sure are growing up so fast! Yay for a great nights sleep and hope you got another one last night.

Chris H said...

Good luck with the 12 week challenge. Your girls are adorable, just love the one of bubby asleep, she looks like an angel.

Kate said...

Awww, this post made me cry for some reason. Your girls are just beautiful! Bethany looks so happy, hehe, so cute!

And as for the weight thing.. gah, it's harder after number 2, I am sure of it! And so often if I'm about to go for a walk Natalia wakes up too. Sometimes I chuck her in the pushchair and go anyway, but at other times it's just too hard!

Have a great weekend.