Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Need a plan

Am back again. Have had not the best of weeks. It started last Monday when we took the girls (Bethany really) to Adventure World as we had promised her last year that we would after Christmas. The day went well until it was my turn to take her on one of the kiddies ride. She chose the rollercoaster as last year she was too scared to try it. We got on and the attendant could took 3 tries to close the safety bar on us as my legs were to big and it kept bouncing back up. I was so embarrassed. Even though I was under the weight limit (by about 5kg) my legs were just too big. After that I was too scared to try to go on any other kiddie rides with her and felt really down.

I continued to feel that way for the rest of the week and was feeling worse and worse about my weight. Then on Sunday I got my first TOM since Caitlyn was born and it hit hard. Seemed to reason out my recent moods though. On Monday I was in so much pain that I didn't even bother to attempt to weigh myself and took myself straight to a Chemist to get some pills. Then that day I was going through our old home movie videos to see which ones have been copied off the camera and I saw the Christmas 2005 video and I was sooooooooo much slimmer (about 15kg or so) and that just made my mood even worse.

Just today my mother and I decided to walk to my local supermarket instead of driving. She held Bethany's hand while I pushed Caitlyn in her pram. All up we were gone about an hour including walking around the shop and now my legs are already feeling like jelly. How unfit is that! A simple little walk and my legs hate me. So now things have settled down I am taking a new look at my plan to battle the bulge. I really need to get out for a walk at least 3 times a week somehow and I really need to stay away from chocolate (have been eating far too much of that lately). Am going to sit down tonight and work through meal plans and get things sorted. I need to do it or I can see myself hiting that size 20 mark again soon.

Here are some pictures taken before we left for Adventure World last week:-

My beautiful girls. I know I keep saying it but Bethany seems so so so grown up now.



Quick cuddles before we left. She really does love her baby sister.


Caitlyn 8 weeks old last Sunday. Where has the time gone?

And finally a big congrats to Paulene, Simon and Caleb on the safe arrival of baby Talyn last Friday.

Well am off now to get a little bit more work done before Caitlyn wakes from her nap.

2 comments:

Chris H said...

Weird but true, the minute you have a new baby, the older "baby" does seem so much more grown up! Been there done that 8 times, it never changes. I am sure you can get your head around the diet/exercise thing, especially if you really really want to be slimmer. Use the shitty feelings to turn yourself around, not make things worse. Don't do the emotional eating thing.

Jules said...

I agree, Phoebe seems like a giant now at 21 months, compared to wee Sian. Then again, I must seem like a whopper!! I know how you feel and it is bloody hard, especially when that darn period arrives again (got mine 3 days ago). I am finding that the focus has gone but I need it back. I need the older two to be back at school!!