Monday, February 5, 2007

Only myself to blame

Well week 1 weighin has been and gone. After starting the challenge last Monday I remembered that when I lost all my weight before, it was more productive for me to weighin on Fridays (due to naughty eating that can take place on the weekend, raising my weight and ending in disappointment). So I weighed in on Friday and had a loss of 800g, down to 94.8kg. I know it could have been better as I ate some naughty stuff on Wednesday and Thursday but so be it.

And then what did I do after weighin, ate takeaway on both Saturday and Sunday so I bet today my weight has skyrocketed again. No-one to blame but myself, must build myself a bridge and get over it and get back on track again.

I caved into the takeaway due to having a rough trot with Caitlyn. I think she is going through her 3 month growth spurt. Before Friday she was going to bed at 7.30pm, waking at 2 or 3 and then at 6 or 7 and then feeding 4 hourly. Now ever since Friday she is still wanting to go to bed at the same time (screams and carries on if we try to keep her up later, even if her bedtime feed isn't due to 8.30, she wants it at 7.30) then waking at 12, then 3 or 4, then 6 or 7 and then during the day she is barely making it 3 and a half hours between feeds and when having all these feeds, she isn't drinking the whole bottle. It is quite tiring, hence not feeling like cooking, although she is happy when she isn't feeding or sleeping!

Bethany started at her new school on Thursday and is liking it. She found her friend from her old school at playtime(she is in a different class) and they played together at play time. And today she has come home raving about a new friend she has make called Ella. She already wants to invite her to her birthday party(in June).


She currently is attending from 9-12 Monday to Friday to introduce them back to being at school. Next week she goes to school Mon, Wed & Friday from 9-3 and Tues & Thurs 9-12 to get them ready for full days and then the following week she goes Mon-Fri 9-3. Eventhough she went to school Thurs & Fri last week, today was actually my first day on my own with Caitlyn as last week I had Pete home with me on Thurs and my mum with me on Fri. So today I came home, put Caitlyn down for a nap as she had fallen asleep in the car and actually did something for myself. I didn't do any dishes, any washing, any tidying. I did some scrapbooking. The first time since Caitlyn was born and geez I miss doing it. I am now doing a 2 page layout from Bethany's third birthday. I have so much I want to scrapbook and just not enough time to do it, although once Bethany starts school full time, I may be able to spend 2 days a week doing it (in between Caitlyn's nap times that is!)

Well, best I log off now, Caitlyn has just woken and Bethany wants me to play with her too. I hope I have a pretty good week weightwise to make up for my bad start but if I do gain, well so be it.

3 comments:

Chris H said...

Hmm weigh in ... I do the same thing! I kinda pig out after weigh in then have to work really hard for the rest of the week to make up for it! Such a pain. Bethany looks adorable, ready for school! Mine start on wednesday, yaaaaa !!

Kate said...

Aww look at your gorgeous grown up school girl!

Jules said...

My eldest two start back tomorrow, Wednesday, and I can't wait. I am also nervous for them, being a new school and all.

As for Caitlyn, could be a growth spurt but, be careful seeing as it has coincided with week one of weight loss. You may not be eating enough and she may not be getting enough from your milk and hence, needing to feed more. I would go for the 32 pts maximum (if that's what you are using - points) and see how that goes.